API 570 Piping Inspector
API 570 Piping Inspector Course:
Get a technically reach training to develop competence on to perform in service or shutdown inspection of pressure piping system as per API standards.
Certified API 570 piping inspectors must have a broad knowledge base relating to maintenance, inspection, alteration, and repair of in – service metallic piping systems. The API 570 examination is designed to determine if applicants have such knowledge.
Benefit to Industry: This certification program benefits employers and the industry as a whole by helping to:
- Provide a continued high level of safety through the use of inspectors specialized in process piping.
- Improve management control of process unit inspection, repair, alteration and re – rating.
- Reduce the potential for inspection delays resulting from regulatory requirements.
Benefit to Individual: The most recognized professional certification of persons in the field of in service inspection of pressure piping.
Learn piping calculation as per API 570, gain knowledge in reference standards and codebooks.
The API examination is designed to assess knowledge of persons performing inspection on
- API 570, Inspection, repair, alteration and re – rating of In – Service Piping Systems
- API RP 571, Damage Mechanisms Affecting Equipment in refining industry
- API Recommended Practice 574, Inspection Practices for piping system component
- API Recommended Practice 577, Welding Inspection and Metallurgy
- API Recommended Practice 578, Guidelines for a Material Verification Program
- ASME Section V, Nondestructive Examination
- ASME Section IX, Qualification Standard for Welding, Brazing and Fusion Procedures; Welders and Welding operators
- B16.5, Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings
- B31.3, Process Piping
Studying for the exam
- Publications Effectivity Sheet – Questions on the API 570 exam are derived from the publications listed in this document.
- Only the specific sections of publications that are listed on the effectivity sheet will be available to you during the open – book portion of the exam.
- API 570 Publications Effectivity Sheet for October 2020 – February 2021 exams
- API 570 Publications Effectivity Sheet for June 2021 – October 2021 exams
- Body of Knowledge – List of specific topics included in the API 570 exams
- API 570 Body of Knowledge for October 2020 – February 2021 exams
- API 570 Body of Knowledge for June 2021 – October 2021 exams
API 570 pressure vessels inspectors eligibility:
- BS or higher in engineering or technology 1 year experience in supervision or performance of inspection activities as described in API 570
- 2 – years associate degree or certificate in engineering or technology – design, construction, repair, operation or inspection of in – service piping systems, of which one year must be in supervision or performance of inspection activities as described in API 570
- High school diploma or equivalent ( +12) with 3 years experience in – design, construction, repair, operation, or inspection of in – service piping systems, of which one year must be in supervision or performance of inspection activities as described in API 570
- No formal education – 5 or more years in design, construction, repair, operation or inspection of in – service piping systems, of which one year must be in supervision or performance of inspection activities as described in API 570.
API 570 pressure vessels inspectors exam centre:
API 570 pressure vessels inspectors exam structure:
- API 570 examination is 7.5 hours examination and conducted in two parts.
- The closed – book portion: a short tutorial session, 110 questions, 2.75 hours.
- 3.75 hours open – book portion. 60 open – book questions.
- 45 – minutes lunch break.
- There are 170 questions on the exam, of which only 140 are scored. The remaining are pre – test questions.
- Papers, notes and books are not allowed in prometric’s computer testing centers.
- PDF documents of pertinent codes and standards will be available on your computer during the open book portion of the exam and will be presented in english.
Validity of Certification : API 570 certification is valid for a three – year term and is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). This accreditation ensures that the exam has been developed to the highest standard for openness and integrity and meets the rigorous requirements established under the International Organization for Standardization ISO 17024.
Recertification: API 570 Pressure Vessel inspectors need to apply for re – certification every three (3) years. For more information, please refer API website